The Health Club Reopens!
The Health Club has implemented several new procedures to meet the requirements listed in Phase 1A of the City of Norman’s “Healthier at Home” plan. The plan calls for fitness centers to meet strict social distancing guidelines and sanitation protocols in order to protect the community from the spread of COVID-19.
The Health Club opens Friday, May 1 at 5 a.m. under the following guidelines:
- Hours are 5-10 a.m., 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., and 4-10 p.m. seven days a week.
- The facility will be disinfected every morning before opening and twice throughout the day. During the disinfection process, the club will be closed for an hour.
- Members will be screened at the door. Those with a temperature over 100◦ F or with COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed to enter.
- Only 50 members are allowed in the gym at any given time, and they must stay ten feet apart.
- Use of some equipment will be limited to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Staff will wear gloves and masks and sanitize surfaces frequently.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after using it.
- Group fitness classes will not be held at this time.
- The Kids Club and snack bar will remain closed.
- Lockers and showers are not available at this time.
While face masks are not required, they are highly recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Members are also encouraged to frequently use the hand sanitization stations located throughout the gym in addition to washing their hands with soap and water in the bathroom as often as possible.
We appreciate your understanding and support during this challenging time. If you have any questions, please call us at 405-329-5050. We can’t wait to welcome you back!Back